Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 17b: Zuniga's influence on my political beliefs

I’m not quite sure how to answer the question regarding Marie Cox’s blog and Markos Moulitsas Zuniga’s blog, Which blog would be more likely to influence the way you would vote in a coming election? I don’t think I would look to a blog for political advise, but if I were to it would be Zuniga’s blog. On the other hand Zungia say’s “I don’t have many swing voter reading DailyKos,” so it sounds like it would be hard to be influenced on the up coming election by his blog. Anyway, Markos Moulitsas Zuniga first started his blog to vent about the Afghanistan war. His blog continued to grow and grew even more once Jerome Armstrong’s blog shut down. Zuniga is a democrat and it appears that he tells the truth on touchy subjects concerning both political parties. In the political world that is hard to find, so I admire that about Zuniga. The reason why I wouldn’t visit Marie Cox’s blog to obtain information about the upcoming election is that Cox’s appears to take everything as a joke. It appears that Cox does not take the political world seriously and she’s more concerned with sex scandals than politics. For example, Cox linked her blog to Jessica Cutler’s blog and Cutler was fired for writing anonymous sexualized adventures that took place in her office on her blog, Cox didn’t even feel bad that Cutler got fired. Cox stated “Plus it’s hard to feel bad for someone who’s that dumb.” I just don’t think Cox has the right to judge in this situation. Cox doesn’t even care if she ruins someone’s day. In my personal opinion, I would definitely choose to read Zuniga’s blog over Cox’s blog any day. Even if Zuniga’s blog didn’t influence me to vote democratic, I still think I would have learned something important from his blog. Where if I read Cox’s blog, I think I would just be wasting my time.

No comments: