Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HW4: Option 2, Response to "The Voice of the Customer"

In David Kline’s essay “The Voice of the Customer,” Greg Thomas is mentioned saying that “Great brands are always built on promise.” Kline then continues to state that the promise will help the product succeed. While looking around my dorm, I spotted a box of Wonka rainbow flavored nerds. The design of the nerds's box explains everything that nerds promise. The box is a bright blue with a rainbow located in the middle of the box and has colorful nerd characters jumping and parachuting on the box. By just looking at the nerds's box, I can tell that nerds promises a fun, colorful candy eating experience. My best friend and I have been eating nerds for years and ever since the fifth grade whenever we eat them together we always have “nerds fights.” Nerds not only create fun, but they also create memories. On the Wonka website, Nerds promises everything I just stated and more. Wonka promises that “The Rainbow Nerds Theatre Box packs a big flavor-filled taste sensation with the tiny, tangy, crunchy candy you can eat in your own way. Assorted Nerds flavors.” I do believe that Wonka does deliver its promise to Nerds.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Well done.
Remember to consistently capitalized proper nouns (names of people and companies, for example)--Nerds.