Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW 6: Interest Statement for Semester-Long Project

I am interested in various social computing technologies and the three I am most interested in right now are bulletin board and forums, instant messaging and email and email lists. I email every single day to catch up with my family mostly and I use instant messaging to talk to my friends. Bulletin boards and forums are also helpfully because they allow me to look at products I am interested in buying. For example I’ll look at forums for certain face washes to see if they actually work.
Three kinds of empowerment of marginalized groups that I am interested in are overcoming homophobia, issues of disabilities or learning differences and rights and empowerment of people with HIV/AIDs. I think that all three of these issues are looked over and need to be solved.
For my semester paper, I want to study a country that is not my own. I am interested in learning other countries cultures. I would like to learn more about empowerment of marginalized groups in either Africa or the Middle East.

No comments: