Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HW 2: Blogs are going Corporate

In Kline and Burstein’s, “From Cavemen to Wonkette,” the two mention twelve predictions for the future of blogs. I found the prediction that blogs will be going corporate is accurate. People use blogs to talk about almost everything including businesses. This is essentially great for the future of blogs and the customers of the businesses. Customers will be able to know what other customers think about the business’s products, services and everything else you would like to know. This could make or break a business. It only takes one bad review on a blog for the business to lose customers. I know if I saw a comment saying a certain restaurant had horrible service and awful food I would choose to go to a different restaurant. If I saw a good review on a blog I would probably take my business there. I believe that blogs have an extremely high potential for success in the near future with corporate businesses.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Well done--this meets the requirements of the assignment.
Yes--I also have decided to visit restaurants on the basis of what I've seen in blogs and ratings sites, especially when visiting a new city.