Wednesday, November 14, 2007

HW 35: Calling all Readers!

Dear Reader,

This will be one of my last written blogs for my ITW class. It has been a journey over the last 13 weeks and I have learned so much. I never imagined all the neat things you could do on the internet. I got to create a wiki, make this blog and leaned more than I could imagine about virtual worlds. In doing my research paper I actually had to listen to my boyfriend talk about World of Warcraft for about an hour. That was probably the longest hour of my life. No, I’m just kidding. But I really hope who ever reads this blog in the future gets something out of it. I hope that by reading this blog that they understand that blogs actually are useful and you can gain a great deal of knowledge from them. HW 31 was probably my favorite post just because Ellen R. Sheeley, the author of Reclaiming Honor in Jordan posted a comment on my blog. I found it really exciting that other people outside of my classroom read my blog. I read the comment at home and I was yelling to my dad “Dad, Dad, an author of a book read my blog!” Ellen commented about what I wrote about Yanar Mohammed and agreed that women’s shelters in Iraq are important. She also added that in Jordan, there isn’t a single shelter for these poor girls and woman to escape. That was just quite sad that these women aren’t able to escape honor killings in their country. But thank you Ellen for commenting. I appreciate it! I definitely won’t delete this blog because I would like to referrer back to it for historical and sentimental purposes. If I find something interesting to post about what we have been learning in class I think I will post it on this blog just for others to see. So good-bye for now and I hope you all enjoyed reading my ITW blog. Thank you all for reading my blog!

Stephanie

2 comments:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nicely done, Stephanie.

Ellen said...

Stephanie, I had no idea how happy my post made you. You just never know who's out there lurking in cyberspace. :-)

Good luck to you.

Ellen Sheeley